I've got a personal laserwriter NT I got for free.  It powers up fine,
seems to be working other than the flashing lights which, according to the
manual, mean that the "printer engine needs service".   (Paper out and
paper jam lights flash simultaneously)

Is this something that could easily be fixed without involving money, or is
it beyond complete amateur status?

Dan5300c