Hi there. I have had a look through the archives but can't find
anything that specifically answers my questions, but I apologise if
this has actually already been address. I welcome any links to
archived messages.

I have a IIci in a cupboard at home, where is has been sitting for
about two years or so. I hope to refurbish it over summer and find
some use for it. I have to admit I got rather carried away on eBay
with all the cheap stuff there - I am sure most people can relate to
this!

I have a copy of OS 7 somewhere at home and I've bought a cache card,
64Mb of ram since I am not sure how much there is in the machine at
present and a NuBus ethernet card. I also bought an Apple 17"
ColorSync monitor, thinking I could use it with the IIci. I also have
bids in on a cheap SuperMac Spectrum 24V NuBus card.

However, my investigations into the matter are stupidly taking place
AFTER having bought the monitor. I've seen various sources on the web
saying things like the monitor requires OS8, that it won't work with
the built-in IIci video, that it won't work with a variety of NuBus
cards, that it requires a PPC Mac, that I'll need a variety of
adapters and so on...

The question is this - will the monitor work with the above card? If
not, is it possible to make it work either through an adaptor or
similar? Or is there simply no hope and do I need to buy a much older
monitor?

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Let's just hope I can
get over my feverish method of eBay purchasing.

Very best wishes.