--- Hans Anwikar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just got an IIci and want to upgrade that box
> somehow.
> I already got a 7.6 CD and hope I win a Supermac
> Thunder24 on ebay.
> I am still looking for a Sonnet Presto CPU upgrade
> and a Nubus Fast Ethernet card;

The Daystar CPU upgrades for the IIci are better
and easier to find. The fastest 68k you can get is the
50Mhz 030 Powercache, especially if you get it with
the math co-processor. Daystar also made the Turbo
040, the fastest one of which performs on a level
with the 50Mhz 030 and allows the IIci to run software
an 030 can't. I dunno if the Turbo 040 can boot
from an HFS+ drive with Mac OS 8.1. Harder to find
is the 66 or 100 Mhz Turbo 601. (Especially the 100.)
I had a IIci with a 50Mhz 030 and one with a 66Mhz
601. Overall I found it to work better with the
030. Even though the Turbo 601 ROM has SCSI Manager
4.3 built in, any software that requires that
refuses to recognize it is there.

Lasdt time I entered the word nubus into the main
search on eBay, there were several auctions for
Asante 10/100 ethernet cards, all selling very cheap
or not getting any bids. I got one for a paltry $5
plus shipping. They're factory refurbished ones in
shrinkwrapped boxes.

=====
It's total Fandemonium!
http://www.fandemonium.org