On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:33:17 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anybody know a good way (or any way) to connect an SE/30 to DSL
> internet?  This computer does not have an ethernet card in it.  Does
> the Apple LocalTalk Bridge do MacIP?  Or IPNetRouter?  The bridge
> computer would be a PM 7200 with 10BaseT and LocalTalk.  How would I
> set up MacTCP on the SE/30?

I've done this with IPNetRouter. You just set up MacTCP to use AppleTalk
and put in the address of the AppleTalk interface on the 7200, which
will be different from the 7200's Ethernet IP address. (It's been a
while since I did all this, but I believe the IPNR manual describes it
pretty well. I can did up my details if it helps.)

LocalTalk Bridge does not seem to pass IP packets, unfortunately.

There are also hardware bridges, such as the Cayman Gator Box, that you
can probably find cheaper these days than IPNetRouter. (If someone can
tell me if it's legal to transfer my license, I would be willing to sell
mine, since my need for it is long past. Normally, I wouldn't consider
it for shareware, but this is a fairly expensive program, and it is
closer to a commercial package than most shareware.)

You can also get an Ethernet card for the SE/30 (I recently sold the
one I had), or a Dayna SCSI/Link box that connects to SCSI port. (I
do have one of those, but I'm not sure if the RJ45 port works -- it may
be one of those units that require a 10 Mbps-only hub; I get a steady
flashing light with my 10/100 switch.)

Cheers,
-- Michael