Ian Nixon wrote:
Does the drive have somewhere on the outside,
Copyright Apple Computer with a black Apple logo?

No, but it does have a Quantum Hard Drive, and has formatted it successfully once...

Hi Ian

when in the partitioning window a all white rectangle denotes a single partition, to make two or more partitions drag the bottom of the rectangle up ( I think there is a llttle block you put the mouse on ) this will leave you with a section of gray, clicking the gray will bring up the partition type screen, after choosing the type you go back to the partitioning window to set the size. Repeat to make more than two partitions. I use the aux hd sc setup but I think the above is correct for your purpose.

You can find HD SC Setup (patched) here near the end of the page if you require it http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/bootdisks.html or I can send you the res edit hack for drive setup if you require the drive in a newer powermac.

Now to wait for Gregg to state the obvious and trump this post, again.