Ken, Clarke

The drive is SCSI, a 6G Quantum Fireball under the LaCie label and the jumper
settings for SCSI ident do work as advertised.  I say it that way because when I
put it in the external chain as 0 it confuses with the internal HD as expected
and
when it is some other ID it is seen OK.

This is really perplexing because when I format with the hacked Apple drive
setup
or Lido it seems to do the process just fine but then when it comes time to
install the system the installer (floppy 1) fails & tells you " Installer cannot
copy the file "system" onto the volume, installation cannot continue.  Delete
file
& start again."   I have been through this with both Lido & the hacked Apple
utility.

Any ideas on how to get around this one?

Many thanks

Dave

--
David A. Ricker