This was mentioned on the G-List.  I forgot that Jan.24th was Mac's b-day.
The thread has a link to a cool video of the actual ceremony MC'd by who
else?... Steve Jobs.  Very interesting on what wowed the crowd back then and
to see that the calculator hasn't changed much from '84. Interesting also
was what Jobs was wearing ... sort of a double breasted club jacket with a
green bow tie -- a far cry from today's black turtlenecks and jeans.

After watching the video I searched my old VHS collection and I dug up an
Apple produced video from '92 promoting their machines for business use.  It
was sent to me in the mail back then.  You could call it an infomercial.  It
featured the portable Lisa, the IIsi, the IIci, some other machines, the
latest in software, and testimonials from companies using the Mac.

I remember going out with my parents to buy our first computer back in '85
and I saw the Mac.  A friend of mine convinced me to get an Apple and I also
wanted to get away from all the C-64 goons at high school.  My parents
almost had a heart attack after seeing the price tag of the Mac.  We ended
up getting an Apple //c and the Scribe printer.  From then on, my family's
bought and used nothing but Apple.

Happy belated Mac!