Hi,

   I had posted earlier to the list about SCSI termination in a Mac IIfx
with a newly-installed Jackhammer card.  I finally got a hard drive to work
with the Jackhammer card by removing the two 8-bit terminator jumpers off
the card.  I still have a problem.  If I hook up an external SCSI device
(with or without termination) the system will "see" the external drive but
will not boot. If I try to put in a System floppy the computer does not boot
up either.  This situation exists as long as the Jackhammer card is
installed but goes away once removed.  With the jumper pins in the card the
computer will not bootMy configuration is as follows:

€  Internal drive: 50-pin Seagate Barracuda 2.2 GB (two partions under
System 7.1) ID set at 7 by Jackhammer Control Panel with a single SCSI
ribbon cable connecting the card to the drive.
€  2 Jumper Pins set to TE (Termination Enabled) and another one for
termination power FROM the bus. This configuration allows the internal drive
to boot up.
€  Alternatively the second jumper can be set for termination TO the bus and
termination FROM the drive.
€  External HD:  LaCie 2.2 SCSI ID 2 with internal termination
switch-selectable.  As soon as the external cable is connected to the IIfx
(with Jackhammer installed) the "SilverLining" indicator appears but the
computer fails to go further than that on startup.  Termination on or off on
the drive makes no difference.

So...what am I missing to make this thing work with external devices?
Thanks!!