"Vintage Macs" <vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com> writes:
>Both machines max out at 136 MB - the 6100 can use two of the 64 MB
>SIMMS chips (which for some reason the 7100 cannot use); the 7100 can
>use four of the 32 MB SIMMS chips; both have 8 MB on the motherboard
>for a total of 136.

That's what I always thought, but it looks like that is not the case. In
my other reply I posted a link to a webpage I just updated in regards to
this. There is also a good detail shot of the chips that work.

Now I guess the bigger question is if 256 mb chips will work. There is a
fellow out on the web with another page dedicated to the PowerMac 6100 and
he makes note of these chips. I missed out on some a while ago and now
kind of regret it, granted 128 might wind up being the actual maximum on
the 6100 and I'll be wasting my money on these others.

Kevin