I can now get the 512k to boot system 6.0.8 with MacTCP, however I'm not sure if I'm putting the right Dayna SCSI/Ethernet extension in. It's a tight fit getting all that on an 800k floppy. I haven't had success yet getting MacHTTP 2.2 to fully run off the other floppy. It'll come up and say it's missing something then either give me an out of memory error or some other error. Does anyone have anything lower than 2.2?

As a side note, it made me laugh when I launched Kings Quest I over LocalTalk and it ran on the 512. Why do these goofy things amuse us so much? I like to think of it as working on a car in the garage, but cheaper and smaller.

Thomas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:06 PM
Subject: MacTCP and MacHttp

>Also, any recomendations of what to cut out of it in order to make
it as small as possible so I can run MacHTTP off the other drive?

I was pretty sure MacHTTP required 7 or higher, but I may be wrong about that.

I just got my IIfx in the mail.  Bought it off ebay as a non-working
machine, but it only needed the 2 pram batteries!  What a good deal.
Jeeze, old macs like this are built like tanks, I swear.  Shame it
wasn't packed very well, and had a crack in the side :-(