On 4/27/05, Quinn Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>         I'm a bit of a newb to SCSI, so I'm rather unfamiliar with external
> SCSI conventions.. Please take mercy. ;) Today, I picked up an external
> SCSI terminator at a thrift store for 25¢, and I had a question about
> the usage thereof.. I know SCSI terminators are generally supposed to
> attach to the 'out' passthrough port on a SCSI device, but this
> particular terminator has a male connector on one end, female on the
> other. This is baffling to me, as I would think this completely
> contradicts the point of a terminator... Am I meant to place this
> between the cable and the 'in' connector on the SCSI device?

Yes, you are.

Pass-through terminators were a horrible thing but sometimes you
needed them. If you have no alternative, put it on the last device on
the connector going /in/ to that device. Me, I preferred to attach it
to the end of a lead coming /out/ of the last device with no drive on
the end, or just put it on the "out" port of the last device. I'd only
put it inline if there was no other option.

--
Liam Proven
Home: http://welcome.to/liamsweb * Blog: http://lproven.livejournal.com