Thanx for the tip, i looked in the netbsd webpage and also found the same problem, theres no adb support, the only way could be to install netbsd using another mac, configuring the serial port for a serial console or telnet and then installing the drive in the quadra and boot.

But linux have adb support, the debian installer let mi use the keyboard ok.
The problem is the random crashes maybe if debian have alternative kernels to boot the installation, is a pain in the ass that they don't have any.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Niven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Quadra 950

On

http://openbsd.fries.net/mac68k.html

The Quadra 950 is included under the following:

"The following Macintosh models are supported and tested. This means that at least the SCSI controller, serial console and on-board ethernet will function on these models."
Supported devices

However it then goes on to say that the supported hardware does includes:

"ADB keyboards and mice (adb) (except on the IIfx, Quadra 900 and 950)."

So I don't know how you could use the system without a keyboard and mouse :-(

John

I managed to run the installation of debian, but it hangs at some point when copying the files to the hardrive :( .
whit a kernel panic
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Niven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>