Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:19:40 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joey Sager)
Subject: Re: mac charly

Wasn't there a Mac that had both a 68k processor for MacOS
applications, and a 486 to run PC stuff?

And they did it again in the PowerPC
era with the 6100.

I have one of the Apple cards in my closet.  Not sure what to do
 with it because it won't plug into my 6116 without that 90 degree
 converter.  It also hooks up to your CD-audio and (I think) it had a
 PC monitor output port.

The Austin Goodwill Computer Store, Computer Works, had 8 - 10 of those adapters in one of their bins. But since they changed the format of the store so that you can't browse anything but monitors anymore, I don't know how you'd get one out of them now. The answer to any inquiries about stuff they might have in the huge warehouse in the back was always, "No" with an unspoken, "and don't ask again."

I mean you could see some of the stacks of stuff through the donation door/loading dock or though the windowed door to the back, but when you asked if they had items you could see, they'd say no. Grrrr.

Jeff Walther