--- Matt Mercer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A review of the Mac LC, found at: www.lowendmac.com,
> states that the LC was programmed by Apple to
> support
> no more than 10 MB of RAM.  The review says that it
> can take all the way up to system 7.5.5, but, when I
> installed 7.0, I had all kinds of performance
> problems.  I don't have 7.1, which may be more
> stable.
>  The reviewer says that it is possible to add an
> acclerator, and depending which one you buy, it may
> or
> may not help, and may or may only help a little.

Personal experience dictates that System 6.0.8 is best
for speed of booting and strain relief on the LCs
limited resources. I also favor the use of System 7.1
with some 7.5.x extensions and control panels.

Having used an LC accelerator, I can say it really
provides only a slight speed-boost. I use my
jam-packed LC at its stock speed.

Jeff G

Facere Compositio Ex Congeries