On Aug 18, 2005, at 3:10 AM, Samual Acorn wrote:

(top posting fixed)

On 15/08/05, Kyle Koerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All
I asked about networking my old LCs together a little while earlier.
Well, now the LC III's hard drive died.  I had it in an external box
to copy some info to a Performa, and I accidently left it on for a
week straight.  Anyway, now the LC III won't boot.  I have put the
drive from my LC 520 (7.5.3) in the III, and it refuses to boot -
just the ? .  However, if I put the good drive in an external SCSI
box, and then power on the LC with no internal drive, it will work
just fine.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Kyle-

bad internal cable? bad scsi termination?
try zapping the pram and see what it does... option-apple-p-r on power
up... (i think thats the right key-sequence)

btw, left it on as in powered on? (that shouldnt have caused any
problems) or left it on as in connected?  (that shouldnt have
either... but...)

Well, i tried the PRAM , that didn't help. I'm not sure how you would terminate the internal drive... its the only drive in there.

The drive died because I put it in an external SCSI box to copy some files, but when I finished with the computer, I forgot to turn off the external box, and the drive ended up being left on for a full week, while the computer was shut down.

Kyle-