Actually your odd question is funny. You're right, it's got machttp running right now. I have Netpresenz on there and machttp 2.2, but for some reason netpresenz won't display the images. Maybe I didn't share all the folders inside the web folder and it can't find the images folder. I'm not sure about having the hdds spin down. Can you do that under 7.0.1? That miniscribe makes a lot of noise when it's accessed.

Is there a way to change the 10-Oct-105 thing? I get that on a IIci server I have, but only some browsers pick that up like Safari. IE on a PC reads it as 2005.

One other questions. I have a Mac512 modified with a Dove 2mb upgrade and scsi port coming out of the battery slot. I hooked the 512 up to the external hd and it booted system 7.0.1 and I was able to open "about this mac" and then it froze. I assume sys 7.0.1 doesn't work with a 512. So is there any webserver software that runs under system 6.0.8? I'm sure the 2mb would be enough.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Samual Acorn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:03 AM
Subject: Re: Mac Plus Server

works... seems to be sluggish respond to initial http requests but
once its going it speeds along decently... (you dont have the hdds set
to spin down after a ceartain time do you?)

one odd question;
on the page downloaded from the plus itself you have a link to the
webserver software you claim it is running; netpresenz
yet the server identifies itself as machttp 2.2...
did you change this string in the servers config or does netpresenz
just identify itself as machttp by default...

one more thing that i found humorous.... it reports the page as last
modified on 10-Oct-105.... the y2k bug strikes again ;)