Well, contracting any virus, worm or malware is a reasonably low risk
issue on any platform, however, with iPhones becoming more and more
popular then they become a more and more attractive target for black hats.

I know these articles are a bit long in the tooth, but here's a general
article on bluetooth vulnerabilities:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tutorial/Learning-guide-The-five-steps-of-baseline-Bluetooth-security

and here's an article talking about security vulnerabilities in the
iPhone, including one in their bluetooth implementation:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/137847/iphones_bluetooth_bug_under_hackers_microscope.html

Even though I tend to turn off my bluetooth when not in use for extended
periods of time, I can still see the benefits of this application
because when I do want to turn it on, I want to turn it on right away,
and if I can avoid going a few levels deep into the menus to do it then
I would appreciate that. Ditto for the times I want to turn it off.
Granted, since I don't do it all of the time, it isn't a big deal for
me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate the app.

Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com