Hi All,

There is a brand new Tech Doctor podcast at
http://www.dr-carter.com

Here are the show notes.

During this hour, Robert has a fascinating conversation with, Jolie Mason, the
founder and program director of the Los Angeles Radio Reading Service. The LA
Reading Service can be heard world wide on an iOS app called
Radio</a>
In addition to her radio reading service work, Jolie hosts a radio show on a
Los Angeles radio station
The show is called "Access Unlimited" and can be heard online by going to the
KPFK site.

Jolie is an enthusiastic iPhone user but did express some frustration with the
fact that VoiceOver users are required to use different gestures than those
that are used by sighted iPhone users. Robert mentions a new book that teaches
iPhone VoiceOver users everything they need to know. The book is available from
the National Braille Press and is called
IPhone and iOS 5 for Blind Users</a>

Jolie and Robert discuss an excellent website filled with information about
Apple accessibility. The site is called

There is a new iOS, Android and PC app that allows people to voice chat with
other users of the app throughout the world. It has become very popular with
blind people. The app is called
One thing that can quickly become a problem is finding a particular app on your
iPhone. This problem occurs once you have dozens of apps. Jolie describes her
excellent system for organizing and categorizing all of her apps.

Finally, Jolie and Robert discuss some of their favorite apps for learning
about birds and for using the iPhone in the kitchen. Here are the links to some
really great birding apps.
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/birdtunes/id375875226?mt=8";>BirdTunes</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/national-geographics-handheld/id315268465?mt=8";>Handheld
 Birds</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chirp!-bird-songs-usa-+/id364891918?mt=8";>Chirp
 Bird Songs USA +</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibird-explorer-pro/id308018823?mt=8";>iBird
Explorer Pro</a>
Here are the links to the cooking and shopping apps that Jolie described.
Smart</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopshop-shopping-list/id288350249?mt=8";>ShopShop</a>
Recorder</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crock-pot-virtual-cooking/id357825881?mt=8";>Crock-Pot
 Virtual Cooking Timer</a>
<a
href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fastmall-shopping-malls-community/id340656157?mt=8";>FastMall</a>

My visit with Jolie was delightful. I only hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Robert Carter