Yes, I live in Wisconsin. I read some laws that I thought pertained to California, but not sure if this organization helps people nationwide, but the carriers are supposed to do something to authenticate if I want the charge or not and to help me dispute it if they fail to do so. Knowing my phone number, if my number is in every telemarketer database known doesn't authorize any charge the last I knew.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Turner" <richard.turne...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: getting refunds for unauthorized third-party charges

Assuming you are in the United States, check with the State Attorney General's office in your state.
They should have a consumer fraud division.
Good luck,
Richard

On May 10, 2012, at 7:55 AM, "Brent Harding" <br...@hostany.net> wrote:

Hi there. I've had an IPhone 4S on Sprint for awhile now, but the bad guys got my number and started billing it $9.99 a month. I did not consent to ever getting billed and deleted the messages as spam. When I had a problem with the replacement phone not syncing with visual voicemail, they fixed that, but I asked, and they did stop the spam and told me I would not be billed for anything this code put through. I have received no more messages from that code, but now I got billed for it yesterday on my Sprint bill. I called them up last night and the lady basically said that giving my phone number to any company or site is all the consent needed to start billing for anything of any amount of money and that there is no dispute process unless I trust these people I can barely understand that don't even identify as a company name when you call the given phone number. She said she blocked the premium codes, but I don't know if I believe her. I paid the bill minus the $9.99, but how do I dispute what I never authorized? I asked her for proof that I did anything but delete the messages from this service, and she couldn't give me anything, but said it's up to whoever these unknown guys are to refund me. I want the credit on my Sprint bill because checks are another hardship to deal with, if these guys overseas will send one as my remote deposit features don't seem to work with a perfect scan. How do I go about really disputing this thing, or am I legally at the mercy of some unknown company who doesn't identify as anything besides mobile support? I really don't know if their billing requests will be turned away in the future, or if they will silently get blocked and bill under something else.
How do I get Sprint to do something?

Thanks.

I didn't know where to post this since the