Hi Tracie, I have the other model, the one with dots on the f and j,
and others sprinkled around -- sprinkled in very helpful places, I
might add!  I love the tactile overlay.  Using it has increased my
typing speed dramatically, and although I, too, rely on being able to
hear with VoiceOer, even this limited number of tactile indicators is
extremely helpful, and usually, because of the overlay, when I hit a
key, it turns out that I've hit the key I wanted to hit in the first
place!  I have been using the overlay since last summer without losing
it or having it fall off (knock on wood!)
Penny