From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Peter Lane
Sent: Sunday, 13 May 2012 11:58 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: VoiceOver Compact Voice On/Off

After listening to both voices on my iPad, it seems that the high quality
voice is crisper and more clear to me.  Again, this is subjective, but I
suggest you adjust the Setting for yourself and decide.
Pete

Sent from my iPad

On May 12, 2012, at 11:14 PM, Christopher Chaltain <chalt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> know this is highly subjective, and I'm a relatively new iPhone user,
> so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but my phone came with the
> high quality voice enabled by default. After a previous discussion on
> which was better on this list, I switched to the compact voice. I found
> that I didn't like the compact voice as much, and I didn't notice any
> improvement in performance. I switched back to the high quality voice,
> and I haven't had any problems with crashes.
>
> On 12/05/12 10:26, Reinhard Stebner wrote:
>> I have also noticed that the phone will crash more often with the higher
>> quality voice.

Behalf
>> Of Raul A. Gallegos
>> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:13 AM
>> To: viphone@googlegroups.com
>> Subject: Re: VoiceOver Compact Voice On/Off
>>
>> Hi, voices are always subjective I know. So, my take on the compact
>> voice, meaning the lower quality one, is that it's far better than the
>> non-compact voice, the higher quality one. For example, words are just
>> said better at least to my ears when using the lower quality voice.
>> Also, I can increase the speed of the voice without too many odd issues.
>> Lastly, the phone is more responsive with the lower quality voice.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>> Raul A. Gallegos
>> If you fall, I'll be there. Sincerely, The Floor
>> Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
>> Facebook: http://facebook.com/rgallegos74
>>
>> On 5/12/2012 8:06 AM, Debbie April Yuille wrote:
>>> I don't know whether or not the phone is more responsive using the
compact
>>> voices, but I definitely think that they sound way better than the High
>>> Quality ones.
>>>
>>> Debbie

>>> roma30
>>> Facebook: