I'll try this right away.

Robbie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cristobal
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:49 PM
  Subject: RE: iPad, the email app, and gmail

  There should be a move to button next to the archive button. Click on that
and you can then move the selected email to the trash or any other fold you
want. You can also just double tap and hold on the email from within that
particular account and when you hhear a little chime, make a swiping motion and
you'll get a message asking to confirm that you wish to delete the email.