Hi all. I came across these 3 apps which are currently free and I thought I'd share the information. The developer is CNC and the apps are called OneTouch Camera, OneTouch Video, and OneTouch VoiceMemos. If you search the app store for "OneTouch cnc" you will find them. Basically what these apps do is immediately begin doing their thing when you first launch them. To stop their action, just press the Home button.

1. Voice Memos. This app records a blank video and only the audio. This means the file is a .mov file which is saved in your camera roll. The picture just shows the date and time of the recording and only audio is heard. This is similar to the quick record app I wrote about a few days ago. However the nice thing is that app begins recording upon launch, and stops when Home is pressed.

2. Video. This is the same as the voice memos app I just listed in 1, but it also records video. So, if you want to quickly start recording video, just launch the app and have at it.

3. Camera. This one when launched immediately starts taking pictures in rapid succession. The thing you have to be warned about is the default setting is for it to keep taking photos until you press the Home button. So while I fussed around with the settings, which I'll get to in a moment later in the email, the camera had taken 100 pictures. So, I had to connect my phone to the computer and erase them all. It would be nice if the default number of photos taken was 5 or 10, but not infinite. With this in mind, again, just launch the app, let it click away for that quick picture moment, and then press home to stop.

Configuring the apps. The only button available in the app is an Info button which is basically the infomration and settings button. If you tap this button, the app is still doing its thing, so you will have to move quickly in the case of the camera. The settings are very explanitory, so I won't get into details about them, however the one important one is in the Camera app, where you configure how many times it will take the picture and if the camera will make a sound. I set mine to 5 pics, and the choices are 1, 5, and infinite. I don't see the point of 1, since that would mean I should use the built-in camera, but 5 is ok for me. Now, if you want to maybe take more, then of course leave the default setting and just click away and when finished, press Home.

It's interesting that I found these apps because last night my son comes running into the living room and was jump0ing up and down on the floor. He had just drank a lot of juice and so it was sloshing in his stomach and sounded like a water balloon. I wanted to capture this moment so I fired up Camera, switched to video, and started recording. However I didn't get all the moment becuase of having to do those steps. With the video record app I would just start it up and it would have begun recording immediately.

Enjoy, and thanks.

Raul A. Gallegos
"Are you as bored as I am?" Read that backwards and it still makes sense.
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rgallegos74