Hello Arnold,

        If the price of the data plan is the only thing keeping you from
getting the iPhone you may want to consider asking for a waiver.   AT ant T
allows Blind users in the US to fill out a application that allows for certain
services.  One is free information.  Another is exemption from the data plan.
I don't know if other service providers have a option like this for blind users.

I am using the free information service.  I did not use it often as I preferred
Bing 411.  However, Bing 411 is ending at the end of june so I'm glad I have
the AT and T information option in place and ready to use. It works very
similar to the Bing 411 service, even the same voice, but an operator takes
over if there is a need.

The application process is a bit tedious and takes time to complete and
requires a doctor's portion to be completed.

I think the phone number to call AT And T for a application is: 1 866 241 6568

eric Caron