I ordered the phone itself on Sprint's website and set it up with Itunes on the mac. The accessible setup from the phone by tripple clicking home at power on does work, but if you have no Apple ID set up, could involve a fair amount of typing on the screen. Itunes might be easier for initial setup unless you already knew how to type on the phone fairly well. The other thing you will have to get by going into the about page in settings is the serial number, ESN, or whatever they call it now. Apple has its own serial number, but you want the one that's all numbers, 8 to 11 digits or so, and get that to Verizon on their site or however you swap phones with themm. After that, eventually, the phone should receive a signal to become activated, but definitely would if you shut down and restarted. As for wifi versus cellular data, the phone should default to wifi when available and switch to cellular when needed, as most people would want. As for podcasts to get you started, there were a bunch on Blindcooltech.com, not of the latest IOS, but they will get you started with the gestures, a description of typing, etc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rebecca Ilniski" <rilni...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 2:31 AM
Subject: new to the group and some questions

Hi all. I'm new to the group and have some questions. I'm going to be upgrading on 5/5/12. I have some questions and will post them here. 1. I have decided to get the iphone 4s and will be ordering that on Tuesday. First question did you get your i phone online or at the apple store? I can go to verizon and get it but wonder if they will be more helpful at apple and can they help with things like porting your number over from the old phone to the new? Did you order yours online or go to the store? if you ordered it directly from your cell provider can you set it up independently or did you have to go to the store to get help?
2.  Do you use a bluetooth keyboard with yours or just the i phone?
3. What podcasts are out there for the iphone 4s? Is there a good resource for learning the gestures and using the flat screen? 4. How many gigs would you recommend? I don't plan to watch a lot of movies, download videos and mainly want to use my phone for calls, facebooking, and twitters? Maybe here or there a video but I don't plan to go overboard. I have wifi here at home and plan to use that. When I'm away is it easy to use your data plan if there aren't any wifi connections available especially if i"m on a bus or something? Thanks for answering all of my questions. I'm sure I will have more as I go along.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilni...@gmail.com