A time to sing, a time to dance, and a time to wear my iPhone around my neck.
As incredible as the iPhone is, it seems fragile to me. Dropping and breaking
the phone is a concern of mine. I don't want the phone around my neck at all
times, but there are instances that I've thought it would be a good idea for
convenience and security of the phone. Here are a few examples.
Walking a new route:  I like to use the neck holder while using Ariadne and
MyWay, along with the Aftershocz headphones. I enjoy having my hand free, and
being able to simply touch the phone when I want information. I clip the
headphone controller to the cable, and coil the excess line with a twist tie.
Navigating in a car:  I enjoy playing navigator, but I find it a little
annoying to hold the phone the entire drive. When I place the phone on the seat
between my legs, I have a way of forgetting i put it there and leave the car
without it. I find it a bother to put the phone in and out of my pocket while
seated and belted in.
Security:  I'm not constantly paranoid of getting the phone ripped from my
hand, but I have heard stories. With this holder, the phone is much more secure
from a spontaneous grab.
Workouts:  I use my phone with a treadmill and elliptical. When I reach for the
phone from the machine's little shelf, I'm often concerned it's going to slip
from my sweaty grip and break on the equipment. With my around the neck holder,
I can check my time, change music, take calls etc. The holder comes with a rain
coat type sleeve. It protects the phone from moisture, and it has a little hole
for the headphones.
Around the house:  In a private environment like my home, it's nice to have my
phone with me, while I go through my routines. I can wear comfortable clothing
without pockets, and don't have to blindly dash for the phone I left somewhere
when it sounds an alert. Surely, I can't be the only guy that has had the phone
propped between the head and shoulder while talking and taking a leak at the
same time? I've had so many vivid visions of the phone splashing in the toilet
bowl.
This isn't a sales pitch, it means nothing to me whether you want one or not. I
just found something that meets some of my desired convenience, and wanted to
share in case someone else thinks a little like me. I think the site's
description is clear and accurate, so I won't go into that. It is easy to slide
the phone in and out of the holder. The one part that I find a little difficult
is switching the neck cables. I don't do this often, so it's not a big deal to
me.

http://www.iphone-lanyard.com/Site/iPhone_Holder.html

Brett