If you go into your Settings, General and double tap Keyboard, you will find
several controls.  Activating "Split Keyboard" will split the keyboard so the
right half is pulled to the far right side of the screen, and the left half is
way over on the left hand side of your screen.  This makes it easier to hold
the iPad on either side and type with your thumbs.  You don't have to reach so
far into the middle of the larger iPad screen.
Pete

Sent from my iPad