Put it this way, if some one is close by yelling at you in a very loud
threatening voice, anything relying upon voice dial will be less than
reliable.  The conditions with which one must function in an emergency
very widely.
If I am moving away from a danger rapidly, rapid walk slow run, I myself
doubt I would be able to get to my favorites with a cane in one hand and
the phone in the other, and do so quickly.  This may be just me, but I
hope to never have a reason to try this.

-Len