1, Background, Early last October, my 3rdGen 32Gig Ipod Touch _Suddenly,
Without warning or explanation, stopped "syncing" to any computer through any
cable. I've tried several computers and two cables, all of which ____will sync
a friends'  Iphone, so I know it isn't a hardware problem.
2, Since then, Sometimes some charging will still occur when atatched to a
computer or to an outboard charger, although those times seem to be decreasing
in regularity.
and whenever on a computer a message is voiced, "one of the usb devices
atatched to this computer has stopped working" bla bla bla."

3, A sighted tech savvy friend who has and uses Ipods, Iphones Ipads Macs and
other stuff, checked the touch out, didn't take screws out or anything, but he
cleaned out the docking plug at the bottom of the touch, and pretty much thinks
this is a problem somewhere in that plug.
4, Of course, There was, by then, no service contract on the touch/manufactured
in oct-nov2009, so as of last Saturday, when I talked with an Atlanta Apple
store, and apple service,
both of whom told me that apple will replace it,/(which is what they do with a
unit under service contract,)*Apparently the replacement/service for someone
under service contract, is a freebee, but for those on the outside, it's
swapping the unit and giving 150 for the swap!

5, Well, because I've got 25gigs of content on my touch, which Apple won't
transfer, and since it won't sync, I can't transfer, except to patch it into
something onto which I can record it in either audiofiles or on tape; As well
as its' special "buds" headset and cables, and since so long as there is a
charge on the unit, I can use it partially: I ain't gonna swap it and 150 for
another one.

6, ***However, if anyone can give me a good link to refurbed units, or if you
have either a 3gs or later IPhone,/(only want to use the thing on WY FI, _not
as a phone, for extra Cell charge reasons,) or a 3rd gen or later Ipod touch
you'd sell or swap reasonably, please let me know,/off list _Please! and thanks
much!
Danny Dyer,
Toccoa, GA, USA.