If you would like previous episodes of a particular podcast, how do you get
them, I can see "View previous episodes: and titles but then if I try to
download I hear "No episodes available, _____ to refresh and I am not sure
what I need to do to make it refresh.

The reason I downloaded downcast is to have the ability to speed up
podcasts.  I have to get things done and spending 2 hours to listen to
something I might like isn't an option.  Then again I generally read at
higher speeds also, although I have noticed the past year that I don't push
it as high as I once did.  .  Using iTunes on the computer is okay except
there is no way to speed up and using the music app to play does offer it
but it does not always work.  Also,
I liked the AppleVis podcast on downcast.

I tried the new one from apple, just did not care for the feel of it.

You know, also, I note on most AppleVIS podcasts people flick from one item
to the next which often does not absolutely work, I generally just run a
finger down the screen to hear things, and in my favorites for the phone,
the five or six numbers I use regularly I can just judge where to touch and
get the right one.  People at work are amazed when I can pull up favorites
and tap the right number on the first try.

Guess I am not good at flicking, and with it you must hear every item on the
screen, sometimes I don't have time to listen.