Funny you should mention that about Ariadne. I find it works extremely well. It
is in fact the app I was referring to when I mentioned that some apps wold take
their direction from the GPS rather than the compass, at least when there is
sufficient movement to do so. I have a feeling that there is a toggle in the
settings for this.
I use the app to watch out for an approaching bus stop. Whilst the bus is
stationary, the direction to the nearest favourite is correctly derived from
the compass but as soon as the bus has sufficient movement, the direction to
nearest fav is instead taken from the GPS. It is one of the really neat things
about the app.

Our buses have huge glass windows so the GPS is picked up very easily and the
compass is always more accurate then I expect.
Garth

www.iblindtech.com
Follow me on twitter @BlindTechMusing