:) Ha ha.  I apologize that I really can't answer because I really don't know
myself.  I'm laughing at myself.  I think somehow it uses your home wifi to
push music and or video to devices such as tv's, computer monitor's, and
speakers.  I use the air play to push music from pandora to my apple TV device
so I can pump up the music with the nice speakers hooked up to our TV.  Sorry,
I know that's not much of an explanation.  I also use air play from my mac in
iTunes to do the same.  I love it and it's just way cool on our TV through
apple TV.  I do not have any air play speakers though.  You might google it to
get a more thorough and proper explanation.  From my iPhone 4, I also use the
iPod player, and cartunes to push music via WiFi to my apple TV.

HTH,
Christina C.