Kimber,

Voiceover  is routed to the earpiece as soon as you start recording. I
assume they do this so Voiceover is not picked up in the recording. I
actually have been meaning to write to the developer because one thing I
think they should implement is to start recording and to pause recording
with a 2-finger double tap. I also wouldn't mind seeing a shake to
start/pause recording as you get with Voxy. They also have been announcing
for a long time that in a future update it would be possible to append to an
existing recording and I wonder when they expect to have an update out with
that feature.

There are some pretty comprehensive podcasts on www.applevis.com about List
Recorder and their sample files are pretty good once you get the hang of it.
After that you can delete them all.

Take care,