I also use this display, Brailliant-BI32 and have no problems with it. The BlueTooth pairing works well as long as the display is switched on before the phone is unlocked.

There are a few quirks, but it is my understanding that those are common VoiceOver issues with braille displays in general. Apple seems to be listening to VO users, hopefully the identified issues will be resolved soon.

I use my Brailliant with both an iPad and Iphone 4S. When I changed devices, it is necessary to go through the re-pair process with the display and device before it works.

Rollin