I to had some pretty weird problems after the first time I launched fleksy, part of which I assumed were caused by the loading deal you gotta wait for the first time. I didn't have the same problem as you but have had this happen to be a long time before fleksy was released while instead, my voiceover lost speech and I had to wait the 90 seconds crap some of us sometimes run into wen reading large portions of text. The first and only time I had the issue you speak of here was after I'd lost speech and toggled VO a few times and it started speaking again. Even though I had speech, none of the voiceover gestures worked as they should. I could touch an icon and the app associated with that icon would launch. I had to toggle VO to get it back to normal. Back to fleksy though, I've found that as irritating as it may be to wait for the load thing, this keeps my phone from running into any other weird problems. So far, I've not had any noticeable drain keeping it in the app switcher which keeps me from having to wait for the load every time.
My phone is an IPhone4, 16 gigabyte version running latest IOS5.1.1
Take care.