I save this post from Tom quite some time ago. Can someone expound on this a
bit? Playlist and Mail Library? Is the playlist the place I copy the songs I
want transferred to the phone? I do not have it set to transfer anything
automatically to the phone. I want to do this and I guess it can be done
manually.
        Jaws is not fully functional when in I Tunes on the computer and
I've got a ton of music I want to get out of the I Tunes list and also put
selected things on the phone.
Tom wrote:
Go to your music through windows explorer and control c to copy, then go to
iTunes and when you are looking at your playlist, hit control v and it will
add it to your playlist and to the mail music library.
In fact, my wife has a folder on her computer that contains all of the songs
she wants on her phone,
and I can select them all ( control A), copy them (control c),  then paste
them (control v) to her
playlist in iTunes. It will not duplicate the songs she already has in
there, since the path is the same.