Obviously, I didn't know you didn't read the message you were replying to. Now that you see what AngelVoice said about the link, do you still think more information is necessary? Asking for more than the description AngelVoice already provided does seem like you're asking for more elaboration than what I think is necessary on this list. It seems like AngelVoice provided exactly the information you're asking for.

Although I agree naked links shouldn't be posted, and I wouldn't click on just a naked link myself, the URL in this case is pretty descriptive in and of itself. If I'm not interested in a link, I delete the message and move on. If the poster wants to reach the maximum audience they'll do more than just post a link, as AngelVoice did in this case. Posters are also busy, so I don't try to put too many requirements on them and generally just leave that to the moderators. Posters and readers a like have responsibilities as good list members.

On 01/16/2015 03:53 PM, Charles Rivard wrote:
When reading the message on my iPhone, that portion was not heard.  I
only saw the link.  That's why I responded as I did.

I did not ask for an elaborate review or for info pasted from a site.
All I asked for was a simple synopsis or a bit of info about the app.
As for how easily you can go elsewhere to determine your interest, why
not eliminate that step by doing as I suggest.  That is more of a time
saver for the reader.  If interested, find out more at, so and so dot
such and such.  If not, there's no need to go there.  Also, if a
malicious message were to be posted that wants you to click on a link,
this is how a lot of viruses, spyWare and MalWare are spread, so not
having to click on a link to get info also eliminates this potential
threat.

---
Be positive!  When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're
finished, you! really! are! finished!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain"
<chalt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: A New App

AngelVoice's message already includes the following text "This app was
created to help the blind and visually impaired to "see" with the help
of sighted volunteers. Sounds interesting." I think this is plenty of
information anyone needs before deciding to read the article. I don't
think people need to write elaborate reviews or reproduce the
information from a web site just to post information about an app on
this list. I'm not sure this is true for everyone, but it's a lot less
time and effort for me to click on a link in an email message than it
would be to write the message below. If you're not interested enough to
click on the link then just delete the message and move on.