Thanks Anna. If I used the outline navigation method with my Braille
display, does that work well for navigating through the text? It
sounds like, from your description, if I use the first method and then
flick left with the braille display that my focus would be taken to
the next text that I scrolled to. Do I have this right? Also, one
other related question, does the app remember your position in each
file you read/edit?

Best,
Wayne

On 2/12/15, Woody Anna Dresner <wadres...@att.net> wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> You have a couple of options for navigating. If you flick through the items
> on screen, you find the document text and then several controls. The first
> control moves the cursor; flick down to move forward, or flick up to move
> backward. The second control determines how far you move when you flick the
> first control. So to move by sentences, you would set the second control to
> sentence, and then flick down on the first control to move to the next
> sentence, or up to move to the previous one.
>
> Another way is to turn on the document outline. You can set a navigation
> unit within the outline. Then as you flick through the screen, each sentence
> (or whatever navigation unit you chose) becomes an item you can flick to.
>
> If you use the first method, braille doesn't display the text you flick to.
> However, at any time, you can flick left once, and focus, including what's
> on the braille display, will go to the exact spot in the text where you were
> reading.
>
> I hope that makes sense.
>
> Best,
> Anna
>

>> On Feb 12, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Wayne Merritt <wcmerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings. I am thinking about getting VDW. I have heard that you can
>> use the app to navigate between sentences and paragraphs within a text
>> file and other document types. How is this accomplished if the VO
>> rodar is not used? I am looking for a better way to navigate a text
>> file with a Braille display and wondering if this app would help. I
>> would be using it on an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3.
>>
>> Thanks all,
>> Wayne Merritt
>>
>> --
>> Follow me on Twitter at:
>> www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
>> My websites:
>> www.wayneism.com
>> www.whitecaneday.org
>>
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the viphone
>> list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you
>> have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
>> feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives
>> for this list can be searched at

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My websites: