Hi, Deidre,

When you use Google Voice Search, you may want to mute Voiceover speech
temporarily with a three-finger-double-tap, especially for extended periods of
searching. I think Google and Voiceover have a nice war with each other
otherwise.

HtH,
Teresa

"We can see with the eyes, but we see with the brain as well, and seeing with
the brain is often called imagination."--Oliver Sacks