From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
KristeenHughes
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: iPhone not speaking properly

My iPhone 6 with the latest iOS was working properly earlier today. I locked it
and set it aside. When I tried to use it awhile ago, it would not speak to me
when pressing the home button or the power button to unlock it. I have no
sounds unless I press and hold the home button. Then I get Siri and sometimes
the VO message that says, “tap to start Siri”, but when I then press the home
key again so that I can unlock the phone, all is silent, no VO, no beeps or
clicks.

I can’t reboot the phone. It will not allow it.

I connected it to my computer and all looks okay. I then ejected it and
unplugged it and all is the same. Siri is now not available because my pass
code is needed after a restart, but since there is no speech, I can’t enter it.
Pressing the home key results in silence. When I connect the iPhone there isn’t
the usual connecting sound.

I have connected it to the computer again because I want to restore it, but I
can’t do that because it says I have to turn off the “find my iPhone” from the
phone, which I can’t manage without speech. Am I stuck, or is there something
else I can do that doesn’t require sighted assistance?

Thanks.

Kristeen

.  an