From: Ioana Gandrabur
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 10:20 PM
To: Viphone
Subject: Re: iPhone teleconference notes

Please ignore this thread! Sent it to the wrong list.

Very sorry!  Must be getting late.

Best,

Ioana

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2015, at 1:13 AM, Ioana Gandrabur <igandra...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi all,

  Please find below my notes about topics discussed in our first iOS
teleconference.

  Discussion about how we like to use our phones
  If willing to accept a learning curve and starting from scratch with a new
operating system, it’s possible to do practically most every day tasks
accomplished with a computer using iOS devices.
  Examples are:

  Listening to favorite cds, books from CNIB or bookshare or many other
commercial reading sources, internet radio.
  Surfing the web, reading Emails writing mails and text messages,Taking notes
using an external keyboard or writing on the iOS device using Braille input or
taking audio recording memos.
  Blindness specific aids such as OCR, reading pdf files, planning routes and
getting orientation info similar with tracker, light detector etc.
  Social advantage of using devices that everyone else uses. Further, the
interface we use is similar enough to relate and receive and give help with
operating iOS devices to sighted users.
  Difficulties when starting out with iOS
  Orientation without buttons, learning the physical layout of the screen.
  Performing gestures efficiently.
  Text input and keypad use.
  Areas where current cisg members using iOS want to expand in future meetings
  MBraille and other Braille input options on the iphone.
  Surfing the web efficiently with safari.
  Using BlindSquare, a gps app with lots of features.
  Making phone calls efficiently dealing with extension and keying in options
once the call is in progress such as voicemail passwords.
  Exploring skype on the iPhone.
  Potentially looking at emailing with iphone?
  Please add any topics here you’d like addressed in our next meetings.
  Where do we go from here?
  Leo works with Apple store for workshop in May. Goal is to give anyone
considering apple devices a hands-on overview of what they can expect and
provide follow-up options to learn more about them.
  Meeting for current iOS users where we can teach and explore hands on topics
presented in previous item in this agenda.
  Date for meetings to be is yet decided upon.
  Here is where I had to sign off. Please add anything I might have missed.

  It was a pleasure to chat and exchange with those who were on the call and I
am looking forward to future meetings.

  All the best,

  Ioana