As the subject states, I'm having issues transfering the VDR library
file to my computer. Here are the steps that I take to transfer the
file. Note that I'm still running iTunes 11.something and iOS 8.1.2.

Steps:
1. I highlight the iPhone in the sources list/sidebar.
2. I check the apps button after highlighting the iPhone by pressing
tab until I get to it.
3. I tab over to the file sharing section and down arrow to VDR in the
file sharing apps list.
4. I tab once to the list of files which I can transfer, and down
arrow to the VDR library file.
5. I tab to the save as button and press it.
6. I select the My Documents folder in the usual way, since this is a
pretty typical save dialogue.
7. I press the Select Folder button.
8. I wait, tabbing and shift tabbing so that I can read the message
that iTunes is copying the file.

This is where things fall apart. I do not hear the ding that one
usually does which signals that a process in iTunes has completed. I
do, however, see that the copying message has disappeared, so I check
the My Documents folder. And what do you know? There's no file.

I have tried the process with the VLC app, with the result that the
file I transfered does show up in my documents. I still didn't hear
the ding, but it showed up where it was supposed to, so I'm pretty
sure that I'm not doing something wrong.

Has anyone else had trouble transfering the VDR library file to their
computer? I've done it before, and it worked, but that was when I was
running iOS 7, if I remember correctly. I'd like to stay with iTunes
11 if possible, but if I have to upgrade to iTunes 12, I'll bite the
bullet and do it, even though it'll be a pain in the butt. Having my
VDR library file is more important to me than annoyances with iTunes
12.

On a related note, does anyone know what the Inbox file in VDR's
transferable files is?

Thanks,
Ari