I've used the iTunes method before, and found it to work. It's an SQLite
database, not a collection of files, so your computer probably won't be able to
open it. VDR will back up to iCloud in the course of a normal automatic backup,
though, so you have that assurance if you use iCloud.
> On Apr 21, 2015, at 8:42 PM, Alan Lemly <wale...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mary,
>
> I'm not sure this is possible if what you're wanting is to back up the files
> residing on your iPad in the Voice Dream library to your computer. Normally,
> if you want to transfer files on your iDevice to your computer, you have to
> use iTunes to do this with the File Sharing section of the Apps tab.
>
> I just connected my iPhone 6 to my computer, opened iTunes, navigated to
> Voice Dream in the File Sharing section of Apps, placed focus on the Voice
> Dream library which is the only thing shown in the files listed as being on
> Voice Dream, selected the Save To button, and navigated to a folder called
> Voice Dream on my external hard drive that I set up to hold these files.
> Even though I have many items in my Voice Dream library on my iPhone,
> nothing was shown in the Voice Dream folder on my computer when I completed
> this process. I also find it odd that I was unable to drill down into the
> Voice Dream library folder shown in the file sharing section of iTunes.
>
> This leads me to believe that you cannot transfer content from your Voice
> Dream library on your iDevice to your computer with iTunes. On the other
> hand, you could make sure that whenever you transfer content into Voice
> Dream using the app that you go through a cloud-based service such as
> Dropbox. That way, the files are backed up to the cloud and you could also
> access your Dropbox folder using your computer to copy them to another
> location on your computer for backup purposes.
>
> I'm sort of trial and erroring here so I welcome comments from others who
> know a lot more about Voice Dream than I do.
>
> Alan Lemly

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com