From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Eric Caron
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 2:04 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: listrecorder: how to make new notes without recording

Hi Richard,

        I think it was well over a year of using List Recorder before I
turned the gestures back on.  I felt like you.  that is that the phone was
doing unexpected things.

        Little by little I turned on one gesture at a time.  I now
especially like the wipe out gesture to quickly delete something and the
tilt left back up gesture. I also often used the tilt left to stop play pack
but now that the two finger tap does that I don't rely on it as much.

A button on the home screen would be good for lots of functions but I'm not
sure there is a lot of space for things.  If something had to come off the
bottom tool bar to fit a button like this I'm not sure that would help over
all.

In the meantime I played with it a bit and noticed that if you tap the edit
button on the top right and then tap again without touching the screen the
focus will be on the add item button and immediately open a new item.  It is
not as fast as a dedicated button but it is pretty quick.

I'll add this request to my notes for a future version.  You never know.
There could be a good place for that button and I don't even know where.

Also,  Such a button would probably be more useful if it immediately landed
you in the note taking field so you could start doing the note right away.
Does that sound right?  Currently it lands you on the record button. This is
left over from the time that there was no quick record button on the tool
bar.

Eric Caron