Hi Jordan,

I think statements like "Navigon is crap" should always be avoided, Navigon
works extremely well for a lot of people and by that I do mean blind or
visually impaired people using Voiceover. I used Navigon every day during a
vacation on Maui in March and it worked flawlessly every time and the
information it had including restaurants and POI's was very accurate. Based
on good reviews on here I recently tried Motion X GPS Drive and found it
much more difficult to use than Navigon, but I won't say it resembles fecal
matter because I am sure that with more practice it's quite usable. I
personally prefer paying upfront instead of an annual subscription and as
far as I know you also need a data connection for Motion X whereas navigon
maps are downloaded to the phone and since I don't necessarily have a data
connection when I travel to other countries that is a big advantage. How
well a GPS app works is subjective at best because there are quite a few
factors involved so it's probably a good idea to put things into perspective
by pointing out that while Navigon may not have worked well for you it's not
one of the leading GPS apps for no reason. I agree that it could be a lot
better both with respect to features as well as Voiceover, but it's very
useable and in combination with Sendero LookAround or Ariadne it does a
pretty good job especially since Ariadne now can run in the background.