Hi Christopher,

Interesting. I was going by information related to me by Humanware and the Kaptain, who make GPS receivers for the blind and visually impaired. Thank you for the clarification. Terry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Question About GLPS

It's true that most devices will only give you about 15 meters of
accuracy, but this isn't because the earth and satellites are in motion.
This has to do with time keeping, transmission/reception speeds and
atmospheric interference. FAA class GPS systems give accuracy to 3.5
meters at present and future systems will provide even better accuracy,
and they're all still using the earth and satellites. Google can provide
more information, but here's one article that fairly readable
http://www.mio.com/technology-gps-accuracy.htm