It's all in the air at the moment, so we don't know what happens if you upgrade
to iTunes 12 and you decide not to use the Apple Music service. I can't see
them forcing you to sign up somehow. Apple isn't like that; no other company
should be either. I speculate that there will be some way to enable and disable
or turn on or off the usage of Apple Music but again this is speculation.