Reggie, I actually find I have better luck capitalizing letters when I
swipe down instead of up.
As for pulling up the fleksy menu after completing my typing, I must
say I've had the same experience. It's definitely a little more fiddly
than before and usually takes me one or two attempts to get it. Still,
I'm sure I'll master it over time. And if we've learned nothing, it's
that the developers are hearing us loud and clear. :)

Michelle