As a note of interest, along with using voice dream reader to listen to old time radio shows, I use the following app: LibriVox Audio Books Pro, Theodore Book, Version 4.2. With this app, I can download old time radio shows directly to my ios device.

-----Original Message----- From: M. Taylor
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:59 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: A Workaround FollowUp To: A Definite Step Backwards for AudioBook Listeners in iOS 8.4 iBooks

Hello All,

As you may recall, I posted a message to the list discussing my dismay at
the loss of manually-created audiobook chapter heading or individual episode
title navigation as a result of Apple's decision to move native audiobook
playback from the native iOS Music app to iBooks.

By the way, as stated in my previous post, I did submit a bug report to
Apple about this issue.

Today, during a very pleasant phone discussion with an extremely kind list
member, who responded to my request for a Voice Dream Reader conversation,
it occurred to me that, as a workaround, instead of tagging the .mp3 files
as audiobooks, via iTunes, I could simply change the media type to Podcast,
instead.  Then, after syncing my iOS device as I would normally do, simply
listen to the manually-created audiobooks, complete with chapter heading or
individual episode title navigation intact, using the native Apple Podcast
app.

I am delighted to say that this workaround is working perfectly in iOS 8.4.

Mark