From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:58 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: iOS 9

As others have already pointed out, the public beta program is free. However,
especially the first public beta can often have many bugs and you really have
to be willing to put up with those. In this case, the third beta for developers
became the first public beta and I can assure you that there are issues with
various aspects of iOS. Apps may crash or not load at all, SIRI and Voiceover
may not function as expected and so on. Being on the cutting edge can be fun,
but it is not for the faint of heart. If you rely on your iOS device a lot and
don't have a secondary device like an iPad or iPod Touch you could use for the
beta I'd think twice. I have been enrolled in the developer program and have
beta tested at least the last 3 or so iOS versions, but in the case of iOS 9 I
downgraded back to 8.4 after Beta 2 came out and I believe I will wait until at
least one more beta version has been released before trying it again.